- Open display of animosity between negotiators
- Lack of understanding of what the other side needs
- Incomplete and/or wrong data
- Poor follow up on questions, solutions or methods
- Business as usual responses to questions
- Hide serious problems that you know will surface in the relationship
- No ability to fine tune (modify) agreements on a as needed basis
- Good cop / bad cop negotiation scenarios
- Undercutting a team member in front of the other side
- Talking about developing a “partnership” while demanding outrageous concessions in the name of “partnership”
What are your negotiation pet peeves?
Do you want to know how to negotiate a highly collaborative business relationship?
To avoid these vexations, get a copy of my book Getting to We: Negotiating Agreements for Highly Collaborative Relationships.